Intellectual Concepts has strong experience and an established reputation within the railroad industry to manage and lead efforts focused on providing research, consulting and testing services to the railroad and transit industries in the areas of vehicle design, vehicle dynamics and vehicle/track interactions with a focus on passenger rail safety. Services may be conducted for railroads, transit operators or agencies directed at safety oversight.
Core Capabilities Include:
- Management of projects in rail safety consulting services. This involves business and technology planning as well as technical and scientific program leadership to include business development.
- Vehicle acceptance testing, to include ride quality, braking performance and noise/vibration levels.
- General investigations to identify issues related to railroad vehicle components, overall vehicle performance and/or track issues.
- Vehicle design considerations.
- Consideration of the interaction of wheel and rails and factors that influence each.
- Modeling of vehicle dynamics.
- Consulting on the use of inspection and testing data for track and vehicle maintenance.
- Providing technical direction and supervision.
- Writing research plans, test reports and briefings.
- Analysis of data.
- Project planning and financial/cost management.
- Development of cost/technical proposals.
We have worked with world class clients